AccelDFS issues with which AGP bridges?

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Dec 20 23:47:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 16:51 +0000, Alan Swanson wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 16:05 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > BTW, which migration heuristic are you using? "Always" seems to work
> > best here most of the time, although it can thrash badly sometimes.
>
> The default, Smart. I didn't really observe any difference in workspace
> switching delay between Always and Smart even when bumping EXA reserved
> memory to 80Mb. Greedy however was noticeably faster.

That sounds like acceleration is actually a loss for workspace switching
with EXA. :}

> Anyway, I'll try with a window manager with builtin compositing and see
> if there is any difference with those when switching workspaces.

That'll be interesting, but I think at least xfwm4 (which I'm using)
still (un)maps windows on workspace switches (so all the re-mapped
windows get expose events and need to be redrawn by the clients), in
contrast to e.g. compiz.