CI/yaml: inlining or providing an "upstream" utility

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Mon Mar 25 07:36:44 UTC 2024

In a previous mail, I proposed, when autotools and meson are both
provided to build a module, to not verify what they provide by simply
diffing the resulting installation directories, but to treat pkgconfig
generated *.pc files specially, by comparing them semantically and
not lexically (just ensure that they "say" the same thing, with
corresponding default configurations, even if they do not say it
the same way---autotools uses ${variable} for some default definitions,
which is not bad per se; but meson has not the same variables, and
the files can end up different).

In the .gitlab-ci.yml, adding an -x '*.pc' to diff would pass these
files; then comparing all the matching basename pc files would do the
trick with the script I proposed previously.

The problem is: is it possible to add such a script so that it is
available as an utility (like libtool and others) to the CI in the
docker; or do we have to inline the command as a multi-lines script
directly in the
.gitlab-ci.yml file?
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/