DRI3 damage tracking?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Tue Feb 27 16:23:08 UTC 2024

On 27.02.24 16:09, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> To start with, what the client wants to draw (CopyArea/Present) is not
> the same thing as what it has actually modified. It might not have
> modified anything and only wants to copy from an off-screen Pixmap to a
> window because of an Expose event.
>
> But the more important part is what happens when the server would like
> to write to the buffer.

Now I'm even more confused: why should the server want to write in the
same buffer ?

If I'm not completely mistaken, the client renders to some buffer (via
GL/DRI) and then tells the server to compose that buffer into the
window (not sure whether it also works w/ other drawables like pixmaps).

> E.g., "draw a line from 5,5 to 200,200". The server currently has no
> idea if the client has rendered anything to the buffer.

Into the (GL-)buffer or the x-drawable (eg. window) ?

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert