issues and merge requests

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Tue Feb 6 10:41:06 UTC 2024

On 05.02.24 22:56, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> Best approach is to add a line "Fixes #123" into the commit message
> and/or the merge request and gitlab will automatically link to to issue
> 123 in the same repo and close it when merged.

I believe gitlab reacts on "Closes:", like this:

Closes: xorg/xserver#1631

By the way: how to do we handle fixes that might go to several branches ?

For example, we might have have things that should go to 21.x branch
as well as master, as well as xwayland branch.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert