Patches to libXau

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Fri Feb 2 16:57:15 UTC 2024

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 04:45:12PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 01.02.24 17:10, tlaronde at kergis.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> since you're already working on libXau:
>
> do you happen to know any way for adding more data to auth tokens
> (w/o breaking file format) ?
>
> I'm currently working on an namespace-based security extension, which
> puts groups of clients into their own confinements, a bit inspired by
> Linux namespaces, so clients from different NS'es can't steal data
> or hurt each other.
>
> I'm assigning the namespace by auth token. Currently I need to put that
> into some extra file, but it would be great if that could land in the
> existing Xauthority file.

For the moment my work is purely formal: I want X11 packages to
compile cleanly and without ad hoc patches on NetBSD so that I can
start tracking some bugs related to DRM (may be kernel side but also
user side).

So I can't help you on this for now. Once I have fixed things
superficially, I will have to dive more in the guts on the things. I
may then revisit this issue and try to help on this if you have not
finished what you are working on at this moment.

--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/