merge requests and the mailing list

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Feb 2 16:56:26 UTC 2024

On 2/2/24 04:14, tlaronde at kergis.com wrote:
> I have asked for a merge request for libXau.
>
> I will very probably make other suggestions for other Xorg packages as
> I go on with the work I'm doing around NetBSD.
>
> Are the merge requests triggering some note for developers (so the
> merge request is sufficient per se), or do we need to drop on note
> on the list to inform that we have something pending?

I am subscribed to get notices of new merge requests on the Xorg repos,
and saw a mail for libXau.  (There have been some problems with mail
delivery from gitlab.fd.o recently that the fd.o admins are working on,
but this mail made it through to me at least.)

I don't know how many other people get them - there is a very small
number of people who are still paying attention to the Xorg repos
these days or doing any work on them.

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris