Plan for an Xwayland 23.2 release

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 09:01:18 UTC 2023

Hi all,

There are changes in Xwayland that I would like to see landed as part
of another Xwayland 23.2 release this year, as those could not make it
on time for 23.1, namely libEI support (now that libEI 1.0 was
released), and possibly  a few other changes:

 - Add EI support
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/975
 - Implement wp_tearing_control_v1
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/665

The latter unfortunately needs a new release of xorgproto because
2023.1 was missing a version bump for the Present proto, yikes!

- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/xorgproto/-/merge_requests/75

I plan to make an xorgproto release with that fix today or tomorrow.

It would be a good time to (re)consider the GLAMOR fixes that have
been pending for some time:

 - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests?label_name[]=glamor

Thanks
Olivier