Plan for an Xwayland 23.2 release

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 12:52:46 UTC 2023

Hi all,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 11:01 AM Olivier Fourdan <ofourdan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There are changes in Xwayland that I would like to see landed as part
> of another Xwayland 23.2 release this year, as those could not make it
> on time for 23.1, namely libEI support (now that libEI 1.0 was
> released), and possibly  a few other changes:
>
>  - Add EI support
>    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/975
>  - Implement wp_tearing_control_v1
>    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/665

Both merge requests have now landed, so I'd like to start the process.

For this purpose, I've created a new milestone "Xwayland-23.2.0":
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/milestones/16

And pushed the  preparation work in a merge request:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/1132

(** Not ** to be merged until the branch for xwayland 23.2 is created!)

As for the schedule, I would like to propose the following:

 * July 19th, 2023: Xwayland 23.2.0 RC1
 * August 2nd, 2023: Xwayland 23.2.0 RC2
 * August 16th, 2023: Xwayland 23.2.0

Cheers