misc fixes for VC4

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jan 3 09:35:25 PST 2015

Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> writes:

> hmm, what minimum gl and gles version do we need to expose instanced
> drawing?   Or any other useful extensions that glamor could use?  Not
> sure if that would make a difference between gl vs gles?

We use instanced drawing on anything with GLSL version 1.30 or later.

As for extensions, we check for:

GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888
GL_KHR_debug
GL_MESA_pack_invert
GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
GL_ARB_map_buffer_range
GL_ARB_buffer_storage
GL_NV_texture_barrier
GL_OES_EGL_image

> At any rate, we still have the problem that glamor will see that the
> driver supports both gles and gl, and would have to somehow choose
> which paths to use.. although I guess we could just pick based on
> vendor name for freedreno/vc4/etc..

I think we'd rather use real GL on devices that have a real GL driver;
however, we need to avoid fallbacks in the driver, which means creating
some way for the driver to tell glamor what paths to avoid...

> (But one of these days I'll actually get around to building latest
> xserver and start playing and benchmarking w/ glamor... and once I
> actually start getting into the code I may actually have something
> intelligent to suggest :-P)

That would be helpful.

--
-keith