X doesn't search /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules by default?

Colin Macdonald macdonald at maths.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 21 14:56:51 PST 2014

On 21/12/14 22:24, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> see Alan's post for a better general answer, for Fedora you best run
>     ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
>
> you can also rebuild the xorg-x11-drv-evdev package locally and check the
> configure line we pass in through the spec files, but the above will be
> enough.

Thank you (and Alan too).

If I wanted it in /usr/lib64 I would (as you suggest) modify the fedora
package, because otherwise... ick! ;-)

I see your point why searching /usr/local by default might be left up to
distros.  I just asked because its a (minor) hurdle for potential
contributors.  Surely there are lots of people who might be cloning one
module but wanting to run the rest of X from their distro.  But anyway,
its not a big deal.

cheers,
Colin