Current DRI3 specification

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jun 5 18:20:39 PDT 2013

James Jones <jajones at nvidia.com> writes:

> I read through this and the extension specification below.  The DRI3
> stuff doesn't directly affect our driver at the moment of course, but I
> like the direction it's going and the proposed/implied interactions
> between DRI3 and Present.

Thanks much for the review. I think the most relevant question for the
binary nVidia driver is whether you think you can do something similar
in terms of mapping your back buffers into X pixmaps for use by
Present.

Oh, I'm curious if you think we should be mapping the OML_sync_control
UST/MSC/SBC triplet into Sync extension counters. It sure seems like a
natural fit to me, and would reduce the size of the Present extension
quite a bit.

> I read through your futex-based fence sync implementation notes as well.
>   Seems reasonable to me.  I didn't try too hard to poke holes in it
>   though.

I've had a couple of other positive reviews of that code; obviously it's
going to take some actual failures before people figure out why it
doesn't work right :-)

keith.packard at intel.com