Problem with touchscreen events and grabs

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:54:23 PDT 2012

I've noticed an issue with grabs as well, not sure if it's related to
this one.  It's really easy to reproduce, though:  All you need is a
little test client that passively grabs button 1 on the MD (like the one
attached).  A passive core grab will do as well.  What happens is that
(1) clients selecting for core events will receive emulated pointer
events despite the passive grab and (2) sometimes ButtonRelease events
go missing (this goes both for the grabbing and non-grabbing clients,
but not necessarily at the same time).

Tom