NVIDIA Tegra DDX

Lucas Stach dev at lynxeye.de
Sat Dec 15 05:12:48 PST 2012

Am Montag, den 10.12.2012, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Thierry Reding:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:40:21PM +0100, Marc Dietrich wrote:
> > Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2012, 12:01:26 schrieb Michal Suchanek:
>
> > > Perhaps it could be named xf86-video-tegra-kms or something.
> >
> > or opentegra (to make clear that this driver is not the closed source one). I
> > know this is a bit fanciless but it fits better IMHO.

I actually like the name opentegra as it clearly states what's inside.

> I just remembered that back when I started working on Tegra DRM I wrote
> some small utilities to help with the reverse engineering and some test
> programs. At the time, some other projects were appearing and the trend
> seemed to be to reverse the syllables of the original to obtain a new
> name. So I went ahead and collectively named the utilities "grate". I'll
> throw xf86-video-grate in as another potential candidate.

Now that we've heard some candidates for the naming, can we please come
to any conclusion?

I would like to start extending the DDX in the next days and it would be
really nice to have the naming thing out of the way for this.

Regards,
Lucas