[Xcb] xb/proto portion of [PULL v3] XResource extension v1.2

Erkki Seppala erkki.seppala at vincit.fi
Wed Apr 25 03:07:45 PDT 2012

On 24.04.2012 15:57, Peter Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Erkki Seppala wrote:
>>   <list type="CARD32" name="client_ids">
>>     <op>/</op>
>>       <op>+</op>
>>         <fieldref>length</fieldref>
>>         <value>3</value>
>>       </op>
>          <value>4</value>
>>     </op>
>>   </list>
>>
>> or not, hopefully someone can chime in.
>
> If it really is a list of CARD32s, with the length given in bytes
> (unlike most of the rest of X11, which gives lengths in list units),
> then this is a reasonable way to express that.

Perhaps future extensions of this format should be left to be in the
future, so I'll go with this version.

I tried with the change (with sensible XML, I don't know what I was
thinking when I wrote that..) to res.xml and the existing test code
works unmodified. For reference, it is at:

   http://www.modeemi.fi/~flux/res-clientid-xcb-test.c .

The revised xcb proto is available at:

   git://gitorious.org/erkkise/fdo-xcb-proto.git client-tracking-v3

Thanks for your input!