synaptics bug 31636: non-uniform horizontal and vertical acceleration

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Apr 3 10:11:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 3 April 2012 17:29, Chase Douglas <chase.douglas at canonical.com> wrote:
> I have heard from a few people that they actually prefer this behavior.
> I think we either need to stick with what we have or make it
> configurable (and maybe change the default).
>
> Peter, any thoughts?

I don't have any useful comment here, but subjectively, it feels
immensely weird to me and irritates me every time I plug my external
monitor in, as my mouse starts going exactly twice as fast in the
horizontal dimension (relative to vertical) as before.  We definitely
need some kind of scaling; I think scaling based on Screen is _almost_
the right metric.  It seems like we should be using the dimensions of
the CRTC[0] the pointer's currently on instead.

Cheers,
Daniel

[0]: Or, if we're in clone mode, just pick _a_ CRTC (primary if
possible, else random I guess).