[Mesa-dev] Reminder: FOSDEM2012 speakers due Okt 1st.

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Sep 26 09:51:39 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 07:21:42AM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> As stated in an email sent a week and a half ago, i need 6 "we will be
> there nomatter what" speakers for FOSDEM this year before i go and talk
> to the FOSDEM organizers.
>
> So far we have:
> * Martin Peres - Nouveau
> * Alon Levy - Xspice
> * Chris Wilson - Cairo
>
> Only half the amount needed, with 5 days left. Surely we can do better
> than that for X/Mesa/Wayland/Anything graphics.

Chris convinced me to fry myself giving a talk about cool new stuff heading
towards kernel drm and how much of this is driven by the needs of SoC's.
Topics could include: dma buffer sharing work by Linaro, drm overlay
support, who controls a device (drm, v4l, fb?), perhaps also how tightly
integrated UMA designs like Sandybridge will need better drm<->core mm
integration and what great stuff we could do with this. gpu scheduling
also fits into here. I'll see what makes a good fit and shows best what
awesome stuff is currently going on in opens source graphics.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch