xserver forces 96 DPI on randr-1.2-capable drivers, overriding correct autodetection

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Fri Sep 23 07:58:48 PDT 2011

On 22 September 2011 19:34, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 09/22/11 08:32, Michal Suchanek wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Can anybody, please, explain how this bug[1] could have remained in
>> Xorg for two years assuming any sanity is remaining among Xorg
>> developers?
> If we were sane, we wouldn't still be working on X, especially not
> after people pile on abuse for things like that.

There are obviously people sabotaging X already since the change went
in more than two years ago and stayed in spite of being pointed out as

I can understand that it is not possible to fix all issues at once or
that implementing new features may bring new bugs but actively
breaking a previously working feature is a different thing altogether.

If "we won't talk about this" is the only answer then that's also an
answer I guess.