Bus layer cleanups

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Sep 18 20:23:15 PDT 2011

I've built each patch in the series and minimally tested that each
resulting server works with the xf86-video-nested driver, a window
manager, and an xterm. That means I'm not testing most of the changed
code paths, but I'm doing what I can on this airplane...

Patches 3 and 4 don't compile because 'scrp' is not in scope in
vgaHWSetStdFuncs. The series fixes it in patch 5 by deleting this
reference to hwp->PIOOffset and scrp->domainIOBase entirely, but bisect
fails on these two.

Patches 14 and 15 introduce some warnings like:

vgaHW.c:1761:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pci_device_map_legacy'

Otherwise, under my minimal testing this series all works fine. I have
not reviewed the patches in any detail though, though the cursory glance
I've given each one looks pretty good.

Adam, what's incomplete about patch 16?

Jamey