Xserver driver merging pros & cons

marcoz at osource.org marcoz at osource.org
Sat Sep 17 13:01:32 PDT 2011

Do distro's share testing?  I've seen comments on how testing diff
versions of drivers against diff versions of the X server and having to
deal with problems there. Can some of that be offloaded from the distros
into Shuang He's auto-regression testing setup?  I realize how that will
grow in complexity testing Xserver vX with radeon vY with libblah vZ and
it wouldn't catch subtle things like default changes but
could it be used to catch obvious things before the distros do?

Shuang, I missed the first part of your presentation so I'm not sure if
you covered that.

Matt