X.Org Developer's Conference: content needed

Michael Larabel michael.larabel at phoronix.com
Sat Sep 10 06:44:11 PDT 2011

Here's a few more last minute XDC2011 details / notes for those interested.

- For those looking to meet-up with other attendees on Sunday, again,
the name of the place is "Snickers" and I and some others will begin
showing up around 2:00PM and will likely be there for a few hours. The
location is 448 N State Street. It's about one block from the CTA Red
line train stop named "Grand" and is very easy to find. It's on the
corner, across the street from a "Rock Bottom Brewery", and has a green
awning on the front. There's 100+ different beers plus a full bar of
other drinks, decent prices, etc. Plus there's many other bars and
restaurants in this area for going to afterwards.

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=17973169954687798724&q=Snickers+Chicago&gl=us&ved=0CBEQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=q-JnToWkMZugMuv_4LYE

- The event begins at 9.00AM on Monday at IIT's McCormick Tribune Campus
Center (MTCC). Take either the CTA Green line to 35-Bronzeville-IIT or
the Red line to Sox-35th. The green line station is right next to the
MTCC itself while the Red line may run more frequently but is a longer
walk, but I think still should be easy enough to find. You can transfer
from the Red line to Green line at the Roosevelt station.

Wikipedia Link For MTCC w/ Photos:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCormick_Tribune_Campus_Center

- If anyone has any travel problems or looking to meetup with others
this weekend (I'll be showing a few people around the downtown area
today [Saturday]) or other issues, I can be contacted (including SMS) at
+1.601.871.0456 (US) or +49.089.8091.2991 (DE)

-- Michael