Glamor update

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri Nov 11 13:47:00 PST 2011

Hello!

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 04:42:32PM +0800, Zhigang Gong wrote:
> During the last discussion about glamor’s plan in this list, we got a
> conclusion that to extract glamor from xorg and build a separate
> glamor library to be used by any possible DDX driver. And Eric
> suggested I can incrementally merge glamor into Intel video driver.
> Now here is the update.
>
> The separate glamor library is at :
> git://people.freedesktop.org/~gongzg/glamor,it provides two interfaces:
>
> 1.       glamor : Rendering library. All the rendering functions are
> implemented in this package.
>
> 2.       glamor-egl : EGL support library. This package provides functions
> to create and initialize OpenGL/EGL context.
>
> There are a little bit more details to introduce glamor in the README file.
>
> The Intel video driver to merge glamor is at
> git://people.freedesktop.org/~gongzg/xf86-video-intel’s “glamor” branch.
>
> I just started the merging stage. Only finished 3 patches to enable
> glamor in UXA code path. Currently, only migrate fillspans and
> polyfillrect to glamor. Will continue to migrate the rest functions.

I've looked over all the source in your glamor repo, and your patches to
the Intel driver. This work looks very promising! I'm eager to see more
progress.

I don't speak for the Intel graphics team or anything, but I noticed a
couple minor things you might clean up. In the "glamor: turn on glamor."
commit, there's a patch hunk that just adds an empty ifdef:

-
+#ifdef GLAMOR
+#endif

You might want to remove that. Also, the call to
intel_glamor_create_textured_pixmap in intel_uxa_create_pixmap is
inconsistently indented; it should just be tabs, looks like.

Any chance you'll add some of the Xephyr/glamor functionality to
xf86-video-nested, too? I think that should be easier to test and hack
on.

Jamey