[PUSH xf86-video-nested] Driver for nesting X-servers

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Sun May 8 14:48:26 PDT 2011

  On 05/08/2011 05:07 PM, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 10:16:09AM +0200, Stef Bon wrote:
>> As far as I can look at it it's a very good sollution for multiseat.
>> Let the X server offer a display, maybe exist of more than one
>> screen (every monitor a different screen), which is the way to go
>> with a videocard with two heads, offer these different outputs as
>> screens using Xinerama like:
> (I think you mean "without using Xinerama".)

Hi,

no, I do mean with Xinerama. As I've written before the trick is to link
a screen to a display:

:99:0 -> :0.0

and

:99:1 -> :1.0

and as far I understand the only way to get a display with two different
screens (or more) on one display is Xinerama (or Twinview).

Right now, after various testing I do not have a working construction yet.

Stef