supporting non-rectangular windows

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 03:34:42 PST 2011

Thanks for the information. Is there any link which shows an example of how
to use this APIs for example, if I want to create a rounded-rect window.
I see we can only combine 2 regions [by XShapeCombineRegion] which is again
a rectangle

as the Region structure says
typedef struct _XRegion {
 long size;
 long numRects;
 Box *rects; where Box is {x1, x2, y1, y2};
 Box extents; //not sure what this is for
}