[PULL] GC clipping cleanup

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Dec 17 16:05:29 PST 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:35:10 -0800, Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> wrote:

> Oh. The merge window isn't closed yet? Huh.

Nope, Peter is busy finishing up the Xi 2.2 work for Christmas.

> I've added a video ABI bump to the second of the two commits. That will
> do, I hope?

We probably don't even need that -- Aaron has said that he's good with
the current ABI number for 1.12.

>       Quit wrapping ChangeClip, CopyClip, and DestroyClip in GCFuncs.

I note that miOpqStipDrawable doesn't reset the clip anymore. This is
'correct', but means that the scratch GC will hang onto the (potentially
large) clip list until someone else comes along to use it.

I expected this to be all purely mechanical changes from pGC->funcs to
direct calls; it would be easier to review if you could match that
expectation...

I'm doing a snapshot release today without merging this change in, but
if it's ready, I'll pull it in before closing the merge window.

keith.packard at intel.com