dead code in build.sh?

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:14:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The kernel also has a person who exclusively maintains Kconfig. We're
> not that lucky.

I'd like to add a patch (among others) to build.sh to allow the user
to specify the set of modules they want to build. I then want to allow
the user to specify the list in a file, perhaps a ".modlist" file
which, perhaps, the script could look for by default (to cut down on
the number of cmdline arguments the user needs to supply). Eventually
it would be nice if that file could be generated by a Kconfig-like
front-end. The kernel's Kconfig has a sort-of dependency system
whereby you can't ask to build a USB modem (for example) if the USB
system isn't enabled "higher up" in the configuration.

I'd be happy to do the work and maintain it if it gets merged (i.e. if
there's interest).