dead code in build.sh?

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:51:28 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Mikhail Gusarov
<dottedmag at dottedmag.net> wrote:
>  MD> The Kconfig item is for easily seeing dependencies. It seems to
>  MD> work well for the linux kernel.
>
> Makes sense if someone uses it for (well-working)
> x-jhbuild/jhbuild/build.sh replacement.

Kconfig is _not_ for determining dependencies. It's for selecting
optional features. It's not suitable for a project like X.Org.

The kernel also has a person who exclusively maintains Kconfig. We're
not that lucky.

This talk about changing build systems is not worthwhile.