First pass at X11R7.6 katamari list

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 06:30:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> I haven't gone through yet to see which need new releases from git, but
> this seems to be the current set of modules that are slated to become
> the 7.6 katamari over the next month or so.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I wanted to throw out a half baked
idea I've had kicking around my head for a while. I'd like it if we
could get the katamari set included as a jhbuild moduleset in the
modular repo and then have modular released with the katamari. The
idea being that the answer to "how do I build Xorg-7.6?" is to grab
xorg-modular-7.6.tar.gz from
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.6/ and use the included
moduleset with jhbuild. While I'm aware that the preferred way to get
X is through your distro, I still think it should be possible to
easily get vanilla X.

What do you think? It would basically require you to turn this module
list into a jhbuild moduleset (not a small amount of work, but just
maintenance after the initial conversion), and to add a little bit of
autotooling to modular (easy) so it can be disted at katamari time.

--
Dan