State of the 1.9 release

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu May 20 14:10:03 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 04:49:56PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> 23985 is not a blocker, it's just annoying. 24094 is tricky, there's some
> xkm stuff going wrong (which may also be related to what svu is seeing if he
> exceeds 6 groups)

Yeah, exceeding six groups will explode because XKM gives you eight
bits to store the group number then (sometimes) uses XkbNumGroups() to
clamp it to four bits, while having all its structures sized for two
bits, which makes not a bit of sense.

The bandaid patch should be relatively obvious, but I'll try to get it
fixed up properly if there's a bug filed on the server.

Carl's memory corruption is more troubling, but I'd expect that would've
been fixed with 3711d68f657c77b947cc4670cc4eac4f62de3af8 (the fix for
which is obviously to redefine XkbAction as a union of all the possible
actions - how embarassment).

Cheers,
Daniel