[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.8.1.901

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jun 1 18:46:41 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 03:36:28PM -1000, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2010, at 14:15, Peter Hutterer wrote:
>
> > The first release candidate for the second stable 1.8 release is now
> > available. A fair bunch of patches went in, most prominently a set of DIR2
> > fixes. The rest is all over the place but should altogether make for a more
> > stable experience.
> >
> > I'm planning to do another RC in about two week's time before tagging 1.8.2
> > shortly after that.
> > As a heads-up, the 1.8.2 release will be the last 1.8 stable release I'll
> > put out, I'm struggling to find the time required to get decent releases
> > out. If you're interested in taking over, please let me know and I'll help
> > you out getting started.
>
> Do you mind "loosening" the commit policy on server-1.[78]-branch and
> future branches once they get to this "final" release point, so others can
> commit freely to these branches until they die off naturally?

sorry, I should have mentioned this earlier when 1.7 was ended.  1.7 is past
its lifecycle so feel free to commit to the 1.7 branch instead of
nominations. In fact, it might be worth closing the -nominations branch with
a configure notice.

for 1.8, same thing without the configure message. though I'd like to see if
someone is willing to pick up 1.8 first.

Cheers,
  Peter