requiring yacc to build xkbcomp

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 8 09:31:57 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 16:28 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:

> When building from tarball, yacc isn't needed because xkbparse.c is
> shipped.

I don't see how this is related to the patch. The AC_PROG_YACC behavior
is wrong, the patch attempts
to restore the design intent (maybe we were both wrong there).

Whether the macro should be used or not is a different issue which is
related to tools needed when working from
git vs tarball. This is a topic where no one seems to agree.

I just want to separate the two topics to avoid confusion. I am sorry,
but I can't see what you are proposing.

Gaetan