udev and serial wacom devices

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:01:09 PST 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to get my wacom tablet PC working with the new udev
backend.  The digitizer is connected via a serial port and shows up as
/dev/ttyS0.  I tried the following udev rules (this is based on an older
version of the udev patches that debian and ubuntu ship, I haven't fully
comprehended yet how the driver is specified on git master)

ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="pnp", ATTR{id}=="WACf*",
ENV{NAME}="Serial Wacom Tablet"

ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEMS=="pnp", ATTRS{id}=="WACf*",
ENV{x11_driver}="wacom"

This almost works, except that the current udev code only considers
devices whose subsystem in "input", but the subsystem of /dev/ttyS0 is
"tty".  The attached patch drops this requirement.  Is this the correct
way to re-enable support for serial input devices?

Thanks,
Tom