xkb: Switch delay to a group

Ilya Murav'jov muravev at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 4 07:15:00 PST 2010

Dirk Wallenstein пишет:
>> And I just suggest to implement the option I mentioned earlier. I think
>> it is not hard to do but I'm not entirely sure... So it would be nice if
>> someone knowing the XKB code confirm my guess.
>>

> The thing is, and I guess you have seen that, is that the handlers are
> missing the differentiation between Press/Release altogether. If you
> could fix that you can use XkbFilterRec to store a flag. I think just
> going more global is not the right thing to do here.
Well, I considered to set up another filter via XkbFilterRec and
_XkbApplyFilters() but xkbi->filters is a vector. If one need to cancel
the delay switching then the vector have to be gone all round to
deactivate the filter. I think another flag in xkbi->state is more natural.

> xkbActions.c needs a decent overhaul and I will do that as soon as I can
> switch to XKB programming more comprehensively (my current work has a
> completely different set of requirements, and I would prefer to do one
> after the other).
>
> I have a list of ideas, of what could be part of a future XKB, and
> switch-group-on-release is on there. I haven't had the canceling thing.
> You want to cancel the group-switch if any unrelated key is being
> pressed, right? Also, another modifier?
Yes, you meant right, unrelated key/another modifier/whatever. But I've
found out how to do it yet, the right way.

> But don't let this stop you from improving xkbActions.c.
>
> You might want to base that on a current version.
>
> Greetings, Dirk.

I would like that option doesn't make any side effect on XKB despite
itself. There are much not so clear code in XKB out there for me, like
XkbCharToInt(v)... But I want to try to fix the issue.

Regards,
 Ilya