Fence Sync patches

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Dec 3 17:22:17 PST 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:30:59 -0800, James Jones <jajones at nvidia.com> wrote:

> Right, and as discussed on IRC, I'll do the minimal work on the xserver patch
> series to extract DamageSubtractAndTrigger from the general X fence sync
> changes over the weekend and have it tested and ready for review on Monday
> morning latest.

Thanks for working on this. With the code 'mostly' reviewed, we'll be able
to land this for 1.10, even if it takes another day or so for review.

> We'll work out how to communicate driver behavior and tweak
> spec language soon, but separately.  The damageproto and libXdamage patches
> will be dropped, and the xextproto and libXext patches should be fine as-is,
> but I'll double check before asking Aaron to push them.

Yeah, those all looked fine to me. Let's figure out how we want to tell
clients that they should be using fencing with Damage reasonably soon so
we can fix up the damage proto spec and get that released before the
server goes out.

keith.packard at intel.com