[Xcb] How to close session of a user

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Wed Dec 1 21:46:37 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 12:14:26PM -0500, Leonel Florin Selles wrote:
> Well my friends, I need using a C++ program to close an user's session,
> closing the session in any graphic type (KDE or GNOME), how could I do
> that, is possible >

I don't think the xcb list will have the answers you're looking for.
Closing a user's session is a higher-level function that involves
communicating with the appropriate session manager for the user's
desktop environment.  For GNOME, take a look at the gnome-session-save
program and its command-line options; you can probably also do the same
thing with some appropriate dbus call.  You might check with the
xdg-utils developers about creating a desktop-independent "xdg-logout"
or similar command.

Hope that helps,
Josh Triplett