Fixing devPrivates

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Apr 29 08:02:11 PDT 2010

On Apr 29, 10 17:50:56 +0300, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 02:06:19PM +0200, ext Matthias Hopf wrote:
> >
> > I suggest that you have some sort of compile-time define available to
> > determine the API type - in case some out-of-Xserver part (drivers?)
> > wants to be backward compatible and support both APIs.
> >
> > I don't see that in the header file yet.
>
> Oh, seriously... sorry for the rant, Matthias, but that would be too much.

This is changing the API, *any* API change should be detectable...

That said, it's certainly debatable whether any driver actually *uses*
that. If not, we're clear to change it anytime without notice.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de