Implementation of PXA270 18BPP mode

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Apr 27 14:06:53 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 00:37 +0400, Sergey Lapin wrote:

>   default visual id:  0x21
>   visual:
>     visual id:    0x21
>     class:    TrueColor
>     depth:    18 planes
>     available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
>     red, green, blue masks:    0x3f000, 0xfc0, 0x3f
>     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

This is your default visual, and it looks like the masks are right.

>   pict format:
> 	format id:    0x28
> 	type:         Direct
> 	depth:        18
> 	alpha:         0 mask 0x0
> 	red:          12 mask 0x3f
> 	green:         6 mask 0x3f
> 	blue:          0 mask 0x3f

This format looks like it matches the visual.

>   pict format:
> 	format id:    0x29
> 	type:         Direct
> 	depth:        18
> 	alpha:         0 mask 0x0
> 	red:          16 mask 0xff
> 	green:         8 mask 0xff
> 	blue:          0 mask 0xff
>   pict format:
> 	format id:    0x2a
> 	type:         Direct
> 	depth:        18
> 	alpha:         0 mask 0x0
> 	red:           0 mask 0xff
> 	green:         8 mask 0xff
> 	blue:         16 mask 0xff

These two are just nonsensical, but it's not totally clear to me where
they're coming from.  I'd step through PictureCreateDefaultFormats to
figure it out.  I'd get rid of these formats first before going any
further, they can't possibly do anything good.

If that still doesn't fix rendering, then it's time to start inspecting
calls to the Render code to see what formats are being selected, and
then make sure that your pixman code handles those cases correctly.

- ajax