Merged proto package

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Apr 7 17:00:44 PDT 2010

Ok, I've cleaned up the build process and removed the spurious
configure.ac/autogen.sh files. It now passes 'make distcheck' and I've
stuck a .tar.gz file in:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~keithp/proto-0.0.99.1.tar.gz

At this point, I'd like people to nominate subdirectories that should be
removed; we'll leave those in their current location and remove the ones
that have been moved to the merged package.

Also, I think we should manage patches to this tree like the X server
with a single maintainer doing final patch integration and release
management. Does this seem reasonable? Who should do this job?

keith.packard at intel.com