No subject

Tue Apr 6 16:18:56 PDT 2010

graphics drivers was aimed for 1.10 instead of 1.9. Is there any reason
for rushing this?

This means that merging graphics drivers back into the server needs to
be discussed in full, instead of just being decided ad-hoc by those who
were at XDC. Please list and explain the advantages that this will bring
over modular drivers, a tinderbox, and patch review.

Why are you pushing towards a 3 month release cycle? I can only assume
that this is because the intel portland team has been doing quarterly
release cycles on their intel driver.

Lumping the proto headers together seems like the first step on a
complete undo of modularization on the non-driver side as well. Are we
now backpedalling completely on the big first really big statement X.org
made?

How does this look technically? Are we not going to get into a libdrm
like situation, where an update of one volatile part forces a version
bump of the amalgamut, which in turn forces updates of all the
dependants, even when they just depend on some otherwise stable parts?
Are we then not just plainly scurrying towards having the protoheaders,
the libraries, the library headers and the server all back in one
repository?

Thanks.

Luc Verhaegen.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg-devel@lists.x.org/msg02128.html