libXfont: Changes to 'master'

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 1 03:47:44 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 20:10 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2010, at 18:10, Gaetan Nadon wrote:
>
> >> Oops, there's a couple issues with that patch.
> >>
> >> 1. AC_CONFIG_HEADERS does not appear to make the config.h.in template
> >> for you when there are multiple files passed to it. Separating it to
> >> two calls to AC_CONFIG_HEADERS seems to do the trick.
> >>

> > It creates a file "config.h\n.in".
>
> o.O
>
> > Because the old one was not removed
> > (even with distclean),
>
> That is because it is part of 'make dist'
>
> > The problem was unnoticed for me. It does not like filename separated by
> > a new line.
>
> I don't attempt to understand what autoconf does sometimes...

I'll file a bug report against autoheader. It produces this message:

        Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at /usr/share/perl/5.10/File/Copy.pm line 229.

while configuring but it is lost in the sea of messages, return code 0.
And it is written black on white that it should work.
It broke on only one build because it had somehow cleaned all the files
before, which is safer.

Thanks for the help!