libX11 build failure

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Sep 24 15:57:31 PDT 2009

>>>>> "Florian" == Florian Mickler <florian at mickler.org> writes:

Florian> ah, but:
Florian> my makefile somehow seems to be built by automake-1.10.2

Florian> crazy... automake --version reports 1.11... maybe a problem with the
Florian> live-ebuild selecting the autotools-versions or something like that...

The x-modular eclass on Gentoo has WANT_AUTOMAKE="latest", which should
be enough.  It seems that that the interactions between that eclass,
the git eclass and the ebuild are preventing that from getting set.

I'm testing now with an explcit WANT_AUTOMAKE="latest" in the ebuild
and will push that if it works.

(Time passes; it turns out that just WANT_AUTOMAKE="latest" fails
but using »export WANT_AUTOMAKE="latest"« works. Also, the problem
is that the autotools.eclass specified automake-10.2 when "latest"
is used in the variable; I may push an x-modular.eclass to the
x11 project overlay which has WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.11" to ensure 1.11
for all of the xorg ebuilds in that overlay....)

-JimC