Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.

Matt Turner mattst88 at
Wed Oct 7 15:52:11 PDT 2009

I need a few people to test X on Alpha. Michael Cree found what we
believe is the commit that broke X and also provided a patch to fix
some undefined references. We just need to confirm that these changes
make X work again and then we'll get them pulled into master and the
1.7 branch in time for 1.7.1

I'd especially like testers for:
 - Radeon, varying generations, both user mode setting and kernel mode setting
 - Matrox

Testers on non-BWX alphas would also be quite nice, since the last
round of email seemed to show that you do in fact exist.

My xserver repo is available at and contains the
patches we think will fix it.

Hats off to Michael Cree. :)

Matt Turner

PS: Click Reply-___All___ since I've cross posted.