Patch for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics to add a variable Orientation

Qfeng Chen qfeng.chen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:05:38 PST 2009

I am sorry I can't try the patch. Because I have different version
xorg-server in my system, and I do not understand your patch.

I am not sure whether it is enough to just exchange the map between
the axis of the controller and the screen.
As I know, the map between controller and screen is not so simple,
direction should also be considered, and different device might have
different definition.

I still think it is a good idea to make the driver have such a
function to set the orientation, because it is not always the case we
need to rotate the touchpad when the screen is rotated.
for example we just rotate the screen instead of the notepad. In this
case we do not need to rotate touchpad.

regards,

Qfeng