Updated 7.5 release plans

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed May 27 03:00:24 PDT 2009

Hi,
After chatting with Peter about the state of Xi2, here's the revised
schedule.  I'm aiming to have both Xi2 and XKB2 merged by the 14th of
June; Xi2 is already in people.fd.o:~whot/xserver.git and pretty close
to mergeable already, and XKB2 will be pushed for initial review this
weekend.  I've been working on the xkbcommon stuff, and that should
hopefully be mergeable in time too.  If not, we'll look at pushing it
later.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 06:54:18PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
>   * 22nd May, 2009: Feature freeze.

22nd June, 2009.

>   * 5th June, 2009: Branch 1.7.

6th July, 2009.

>   * 19th June, 2009: Code freeze 1.7, release 1.6.99.901, 7.5 beta 1; no
>                      automatic updates beyond this point.

20th July, 2009.

>   * 3rd July, 2009: 7.5 beta2, containing at least 1.6.99.902.

3rd August, 2009.

>   * 10th July, 2009: 7.5RC1

10th August, 2009.

>   * 15th July, 2009: xserver 1.7 + 7.5 released

17th August, 2009.

That puts everything on Mondays, which gives us a nice amount of time to
fix stuff up over weekends and whathaveyou.

FWIW, I'll be travelling during pretty much all of June and the first
couple of weeks of July, so I might have limited connectivity or just
weird hours.

Cheers,
Daniel

(PS: Hi Phoronix!)