X server testing

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Jun 25 00:25:03 PDT 2009

Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> I suppose first_valuator might be useful if a device wants to post only
> a certain set of valuators. We might actually see more of this as
> devices (hopefully) gain more valuators (wheel axes, proximity axes etc).
If it is really a sensible case to do partial motion posts (Peter?), why
is it you can only perform it for adjacent valuators? I suspect it's a
questionable optimization, which IMO comes at the expense of
maintainability.

There should be two lists: one with values, one optional with indexes
(if different from {0,1,2,..n}). Internal events already have a valuator
mask (though there are still some assumptions about adjacency, e.g. in
countValuators)

Meanwhile, bail out on non-zero first_val in xf86PostMotion and throw
out first_valuator by assuming zero. But I must say that this is a
larger change than I had anticipated first, and simply assuming zero
won't really do the cut in all affected areas.

Cheers,

Simon