1.7 and 7.5 status: we're frozen
daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Aug 31 17:19:57 PDT 2009
Sorry for the paucity of updates (as well as progress).
After a chat with Peter, we decided to postpone XKB2 (yet again) to 1.8,
to give it more time to mature, as opposed to just dropping it in the
tree, and also to allow us to make any updates to Xi that may be
required after actually deploying it with 1.7.
This means that we're not blocking on anything major for 1.7 bar
stabilisation work and bug fixes, which means ...
XSERVER IS FROZEN. PLEASE DON'T COMMIT ANYTHING MAJOR, OR ANY API
BREAKS, WITHOUT CHECKING WITH ME AND/OR PETER FIRST.
220.127.116.110 will be rolled some time over the weekend, with .901 to
follow fairly shortly after that. We'll branch the server when it makes
sense -- probably pretty close to .901 or .902.
Xi proto/libs need a final release at some stage, but most of the other
modules are looking fairly good at the moment, and indeed already have
I'm hoping this means a final 1.7 and 7.5 release shortly before, or
If you maintain a weird platform, please get building the stack and let
us know of any problems so we can release a 7.5 that actually works
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/attachments/20090901/f6a310cd/attachment.pgp
More information about the xorg-devel