XORG_VERSION_CURRENT

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Sun Apr 5 02:52:17 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 23:22 -0400, Bob Gleitsmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In several places in the Xserver source, the server version is compared to
> 7.0.0. This looks a lot like the Xorg release number rather than the server
> version. Or is someone thinking that far ahead?
> This is the latest 1.6.99 code.

See
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit?id=47300ed2be59d0ba7ea9345b954bf3104877c095
XORG_VERSION_CURRENT < XORG_VERSION_NUMERIC(7,0,0,0,0)
means server >= 1.3.  (also it's not "several places" as far as I can
tell, it's the randr modes code, which can be embedded in drivers so
they build against older servers, which is why those version checks are
there)

Cheers,
Julien