Keyboard change request: dead_stroke

Troy tjk at tksoft.com
Tue May 9 09:47:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

I wanted to inquire about making an addition to the
keysymdef.h file.

Alan Coopersmith said this was the right forum to request
this change.

I am part of the Kotoistus project in Finland. We have
defined a new keyboard layout for Finland. The layout
has been approved by Microsoft, and will be in Vista.
(The Kotoistus project is also a member of Unicode.org for
CLDR work.)

I am in the process of building a keyboard setup for
X windows, and for Linux in particular.

One problem I have come across is that we need a dead_stroke
key. I discussed this with Simos Xenitellis, and he mentioned
that there was some need for a a dead_stroke character also
for cyrillic scripts.

I was wondering if it was possible to define Ufe63 as dead_stroke?
I.e.
#define XK_dead_stroke    0xfe63

You can find the new layout for Finnish at
http://kotoistus.tksoft.com/linux/symbols_fi.txt

Thank you,

Troy Korjuslommi                Tksoft Inc.
tjk at tksoft.com